Sunday, January 12, 2014

7th City: New Orleans - The Saenger Theater {Tour Life} Part II

In October 2013, I went on my first National Tour with Wynton Marsalis and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra. I sang the Abyssinian Mass written by Mr. Marsalis with Chorale Le Chateau led by Damien Sneed. 

On my second day in New Orleans, I got to have an incredibly delicious lunch at Royal House Oyster Bar with a couple of tour mates. Ridiculously good.
BEHOLD!

We basically had a foodie excursion ending at Marie Levaux's House of Voodoo. Which was really serendipitous because that next month, I created the role in a new musical The Witching Hour.

We got back to the hotel with enough time to get ready for soundcheck. The theater was the most incredible theater we had seen. It looked like we were outside on a starry night. I was having so much trouble keeping my jaw off the floor that I barely paid attention to the soundcheck, ha!

I mean, seriously?



We sang our hearts out as always and were really excited to be in Wynton's hometown. I have to say this was my MOST favorite part of tour and it was when I finally realized how absolutely magical and enchanted my life has become. I knew from this point onward things would never be the same again...in the most positive way!

Please enjoy a clip of us singing that evening below.


No comments:

Post a Comment