Monday, January 13, 2014

Hot Yoga is here to stay {Bettering the Brand}


Back when I was in the gym a lot a few years ago, I took a "Virgin" Yoga class once a week for about 2 months before attempting a "Hot Yoga" class at Crunch. They can't really call it Bikram Yoga but that's what it is. I was super intrigued by the whole hot part of it but knew it would be a challenge. Even after all my Yoga 101 training, the first Hot Yoga class was tough. I wore all the wrong things and didn't drink enough water before, during, or after. Still somehow, I took about 5 more classes before I got severely dehydrated and just never went back.

This past Sunday was my first day back in Hot Yoga. I don't really know what I was thinking. I haven't taken a Yoga class in years, I don't stretch on a daily basis, and I've been super wound up ever since I started working out. It was a 90 minute class in this teeny tiny studio at Crunch but for some reason I was just over the moon about even being there. I mean, I know how to wash my hair now so I can't use sweating my hair out as a con to this class. I had on the right pants and shirt this time. I already had a ton of water and know know the benefits of Coconut Water. I am ACES at this time.

The class was pretty tough and I really had to pace myself but BY GAD, I'm on my way. The heat felt great, the sweating felt detoxifying, and the stretches were deep. I'm working my way up to making this class a few times a week before this is all said and done. Hot Yoga is here to stay! ::80s sitcom overly excited freeze frame!::

PS: Also, today is my half birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment