Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekend Round Up {Jan 10 - Jan 12}

So Friday was one of those completely unplanned awesome evenings. After I gave myself mad props for making it to the gym 3 times in one week, I ended up going to a jazz show around the corner from my house (literally) featuring some of my old friends from the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra: The Wynton Marsalis Quintet. I was like Throwback Thursday guys!

It was so ridiculously dope because I had only seen them play the music from the Mass while we were on tour and got like a small taste of what they were all capable of during their interludes. When I tell you these guys were ON FIRE. I mean woooooooow. I have to upload a bunch of video to YouTube so people can experience what I did.

I included a video here of this woman dancing. Apparently because the band was so large, they didn't have much room for a dance floor like they normally do there. So there was an announcement made that the audience had to remain seated. That did NOT stop this lady right here. I saw her out of the corner of my eye standing, and then moving her hips a little. And once the band started really hitting, she started dancing more fiercely saying "I GOTTA dance, shit!" and some people laughed around her and she added, "I'm 81 years old, hell, I might die tomorrow! Shit!" It was *such* an amazing moment.


I took it easy on Saturday and basically realized how tired I was and on Sunday, I sweated it out at Hot Yoga. YEEEAH BOYEEE.

How was your weekend??

No comments:

Post a Comment